Fresh Fall Fun is the theme this week at Stampendous. We are featuring fall projects from the new catalog. Here is my project for today:
Build A Wreath Cutting Die Set DCP1007
Falling Leaves Stencil DWLL3004
Birthday Assortment Clear Stamps SSC1115
Acrylic Stamping Handle
Gold Embossing Paste
Paste Spreader DWLM5010
Pearl Lustre Embossing Powders in Carnelian and Jade
Opaque Embossing Powders in Ruby Red and Honey
Embossing Heat Tool HT400
Dreamweaver Palette Knife
My Colors Card Stock in Goldenrod, Parrot, Brown Eyes, Sky, Mandaring and Harvest Orange
Manual Die Cut Machine
Versafine in Toffee
Adhesive--I used Zip Dry
1) Use the leaf die from the Build a Wreath set to cut out leaves.
2) Stamp words on the leaves and distress the edges with the Versafine.
3) Tape the stencil over the blue card stock. Be sure to tape one piece across the top of the stencil that you will use as a himge when you remove it. Tape all the way around the stencil.
4) Use the palette knite to remove the paste from the container and place it on the bottom of one side of the paste spreader.
5) Place the spreader on the top edge of the stencil. Be sure the paste side is facing you.
6) Pull the spreader towards you, treating it like a squeegee. The spreader should maintain contact with the stencil at all times and will deposit the paste into the wells.
7) Remove the excess paste with the palette knife and replace it into the container.
8) Remove the tape from the stencil everywhere except for the top.
9) Gently lift the stencil, using the tape as a hinge. Then, remove the stencil entirely.
10) Sprinkle the top of the paste with the various embossing powders while it is still wet. The let it mostly dry.
11) When the paste is mostly dry (about a half an hour or so), use the heat gun to heat it from underneath first, and then on the top. The paste and powders will bubble.
12) When the project is completely dry, adhere it to the mat.
13) Use the fabric glue to adhere the burlap to the background paper and the mat to the burlap.
14) Use the awl to punch guide holes into the mat and through the burlap and background paper.
15) Use the needle and hemp to sew the project.
16) Adhere the project to the card base.
17) Adhere the leaves to the card.
Here are the other posts for today. Take a look at some of the other great stencils in the newest Stampendous Catalog: