This week, the Stampendous team is having a catalog sneak peek. We are featuring projects from this July catalog, which includes holiday items. I guess that means I am doing "Christmas in July". During the hottest days so far here in Michigan, I am featuring snowflakes. Here you go:
Snowflake Cascade Metal Stencil FMS4042
Joys of Winter Rubber Stamp RS-L269
Fitted Frames A DCP1005
Glossy White Embossing Paste DWDGWP
Dreamweaver Palette Knife DWDPK
Paste Spreader DWLM2010
Stampendous Crystal Glitter
Versafine Ink in Majestic
Manual Die Cut Machine (I used a Cuttlebug)
My Colors Card Stock in Winter Lake, Oceanside and Smooth White
3D Foam Squares
1) Tape the stencil down on the back (smooth side) of the card stock with the removable tape. Be sure to tape all the way around the stencil. The first piece of tape should go all the way across the top. It will act as a hinge.
2) Use the palette knife to remove paste from the jar and place across the bottom of one side of the paste spreader.
3) Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil, paste side towards you.
4) Pull the paste spreader towards you, maintaining contact with the stencil at all times. It will act as a squeegee, despositing paste in the wells of the stencil.
5) Remove the excess paste from the spreader using the palette knife and replace into the paste container.
6) Remove the tape from the three sides of the stencil, leaving the first piece attached.
7) Using the remaining piece of tape as a hinge, gently lift the stencil from the cardstock and then remove completely.
8) Sprinkle the wet paste with the glitter and let dry completely.
9) Stamp the sentiment on white card stock.
10) Use the frames and the die cut machine to cut the image and its mat. To get the placement just right, you can use a small piece of the removeable tape across the frame and card stock before you put it into the die cut machine.
11) When the paste is dry, brush off the excess glitter and add rhinestones.
12) Assemble the image, using Zip Dry or whatever adhesive you prefer. You can use the 3D Foam Squares to pop up the sentiment.
Thank you for visiting on this Christmas Preview day. You will DEFINITELY want to check out all the posts today for a little preview of what is to come. Here are the links: