Welcome to the Stampendous and Creative Impressions Blog Hop. Creative Impressions sent plenty of beautiful ribbons and hardware for the Stampendous Team to play with, and boy, did I have a lot of fun! My project includes the ribbon and the metal. Before I get into that, though, let me tell you about the prizes........
Here is my creation for today (you may notice it on the banner--I am super proud of that!)
Life Words Perfectly Clear Stamp Set SSC1213
Long Sunflower Stencil DWLL429
Leaf Texture Stencil DWLG616
Regular Embossing Paste
Dreamweaver Palette Knife
Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle
Versamark Ink Pad
Embossing Powder in Clear Lemon, Jade Pearlustre, Olive Opaque, Chocolate Opaque, Clear
Creative Impressions Metal Tag
Creative Impressions Ribbon Antiqued Gold 70/28
Stazon in Spiced Chai
Embossing Heat Gun
Manual Die Cut Machine
Rubber Embossing Mat
Big Bite, Crop O Dile or Hole Punch
My Colors Card Stock in Goldenrod, Parrot and White
Fabric Tac or another fabric glue
Adhesive--I used Zip Dry
1) Ink the back of stencil DWLG616 with Versamark.
2) Set the stencil face down on the bed of your machine. Cover with the parrot card stock, rubber mat, and top mat.
3) Run the project through the die cut machine.
4) Remove the card stock and cover with clear embossing powder. Tap off the excess.
5) Heat with the embossing tool.
6) Tape stencil DWLL429 onto the burlap with the removeable tape. Be sure to tape all the way around the stencil.
7) Remove the embossing paste with the palette knife and place a strip across the top of the stencil.
8) Place the back of the palette knife above the paste, making contact with the stencil.
9) Pull the knife down the stencil, depositing paste in the wells. You need to keep contact between the palette knife and the stencil all the way down.
10) Place the remaining paste back into the container.
11) Carefully remove the stencil from the burlap and allow the paste to dry completely.
12) While the paste dries, place the selected stamp on the acrylic block, ink up with the Stazon, and stamp on the metal. Let it dry completely.
14) Glue the completed burlap to the goldenrod card stock.
15) Use the awl to create guide holes around the burlap.
16) Stitch around the burlap with the tapestry needle and the twine.
17) Cut the background image in half and mount it onto both sides of a piece of white 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card stock.
18) Adhere the center of the card.
19) Use your Big Bite or hole punch to create holes on either side of a leaf.
20) Run the crepe ribbon into the hole on one side and out through the hole on the other. Adhere the ends just under the card stock.
21) Attach the card to a white card stock back that is 8 1/2" by 5 1/4" folded in half.
22) Tie the metal tag onto the crepe ribbon using a hemp bow.
Thanks for stopping by to see the post today. Be sure to leave a comment for your chance to win. You will love it if you get a prize!
Here are the rest of the posts today: