Thursday, January 31, 2013
A Fresh Start--A Resolution Worth Keeping
Dreamweaver Telephone Stencil LM2015
Dreamweaver Small Cathedral Windows Stencil LJ909
Mercart Black Coated Aluminum
Mercart Metals Teflon Tool (in Basic Tool Kit)
Double Sided Adhesive Paper
Stamping Details Rubber Embossing Mat
Manual Die Cut Machine (I used the Cuttlebug)
USArt Quest Notepad Holder
Graphic 45 Paper Botanica Bella Collection Paper (actually an expired collection, but any would work)
Graphic 45 Communique Collection Letters
Black Card Stock
Card Stock in Color Coordinating with Paper
5" Xyron With Permanent Adhesive
1) Run the Cathedral Windows Stencil through the die cut machine with the card stock using the Stamping Details Mat. Spritz the back of the card stock with a little rubbing alcohol to loosen the fibers before you send it through. The "sandwich" for the Cuttlebug is A Plate, stencil FACE DOWN, card stock face down, Stamping Details Mat, and then two B Plates. This is embossing.
2) Run the Telephone Stencil through the machine, debossing the metal. This is the "sandwich" for the Cuttlebug: A Plate, stencil FACE UP, metal black side up, Stamping Details Mat, and two B Plates. Do not remove the metal from the stencil.
3) Use the Teflon Tool on top of the metal to push it right up against the stencil on all the sides. You are merely "sharpening" the image. Do not remove the metal from the stencil.
4) Sand the metal to remove the black coating from the parts that are raised on top of the stencil.
5) Remove the metal from the stencil and place on one side of the Double Sided Adhesive Paper. Press the metal down on top of the paper. Trim with regular scissors.
6) Trim papers and arrange. Don't forget the inside cover. Use the Xyron to put adhesive on the back of the paper. Adhere all papers and card stock.
Now it is your turn to create something that is "A Fresh Start". Take a picture of it and send it to Lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com for a chance to win!