Last week, I posted a baby card as an example of our theme this month of "A Fresh Start". This card also features a new stencil (as well as two older ones) and another type of fresh start--an engagement! I dedicate this card to my friend, Janet, who recently became engaged.
Dreamweaver Bride Stencil LJ 924
Dreamweaver Damask Stencil LX 7001
Dreamweaver Congratulations Stencil LS 22
Dreamweaver Large Paste Spreader LM 2010
Dreamweaver Palette Knife
Dreamweaver Glossy White Embossing Paste
Dreamweaver Gold Handled Stencil Brush
Ranger Adirondack Pigment Ink in Denim
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent 85 Crystal
Light Blue Cardstock
Dark Blue Cardstock
Various Sizes of Rhinestones
1) Tape the Damask stencil over the light blue cardstock.
2) Use the gold handled brush with the denim ink to stencil the damask pattern.
3) Remove the damask stencil and tape the bride stencil over the area. Tape all the way around.
4) Use the small palette knife to place paste on the large paste spreader.
5) Pull paste over the stencil like a squeegee.
6) Remove the stencil by pulling tape off of three sides and using the fourth as a hinge.
7) Pour crystal glitter over the top of the paste.
8) Repeat steps 3 to 6, but use some dark blue cardstock and the Congratulations stencil.
9) When all the paste is dry, assemble the card and add rhinestones.
If you would like to join us for the Fresh Start Challenge, check out the details on the Dream It Up Blog! Meanwhile, check out the rest of the team's projects for the week. See you next week!
Oh--and congratulations, Janet!