Thursday, January 10, 2013
A Resolution Diary
Dreamweaver Stencil LX 7018 Steampunk Clock
Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste
Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste
LM 2010 Paste Spreader
Small Palette Knife Spreader
Metallic FX in Moonstone, Ivy Garden, Kiwi, Purple Satin and Eye of the Tiger
Parchment Colored Cardstock
Purple Hand Made Paper
Small Alphabet Stickers
5" Xyron Machine with Permanent Adhesive Cartridge
We R Memory Keepers Big Bite
Swiffer Refill Cloth
1) Place stencil over a small piece of parchment colored paper and tape down with removable tape. The cardstock needs to be under the clock portion.
2) Use small palette knife to spread Matte Black Paste over the clock section.
3) Remove stencil and wash. Set pasted clock aside to dry.
4) Put clean and dry stencil over the black cardstock. Tape down with removable tape.
5) Use large paste spreader to spread gold paste over the image.
6) Remove stencil and set aside to wash.
7) Use clean and dry palette knife to sprinkle the various colors of Metallic FX over the wet paste.
8) Carefully flick excess Metallic FX powder off of wet pasted image.
9) Use heat gun to heat the wet paste until it is bubbly.
11) Use the sticker letters to create a sentiment on a small piece of parchment colored cardstock.
12) Use the craft knife to cut around the outside of the clock face on both pieces.
13) Tear the edges of the purple paper.
14) Use the Swiffer refill cloth to gently clean off all the extra Metallic FX powders.
15) Run all the pieces through the Xyron and assemble.
16) Use the Big Bite to create holes for the brads.
17) Place the brads.
You are done. The Metallic FX causes the work to be even shinier than just the Gold Embossing Paste. I managed to capture that shimmer in one of my pictures. This is what it looks like:
Lynell@Dreamweaverstencils.com. You could be featured on the Dreamweaver Blog and possibly even win $25 woth of Dreamweaver products of your chosing! Give it a shot. After all, "Now is the Time"......