One jar (I used an old salsa jar, because I liked the shape and it had very few extra markings on it)
Plastic lid from a jar
An art program on your computer
Top lid from sour cream or other plastic container
Short Wooden Skewers for shish kabob
Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Helmar Gemstone Glue
Helmar Quick Fix Permanent Adhesive Runner
Art Glitter Fantasy Fiber Briarwood
Art Glitter Ultrafine Pearlescent 143 Glow in the Dark
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent 104 Spring Mint
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent 145 Blue Boy
1) Create a ghost "frame" from wire, a skewer, and the plastic lid. Make a small hole in the plastic lid with your craft knife, and push in the pointed end of the skewer to keep upright. Create the head and arms of the ghost and make a small slit in the wood to hang it. Make a loop in craft wire and hang over "head" portion.
2) Put a little water in plastic lid and add a glob of Helmar Gemstone Glue. Stir with foam brush.
3) Apply glue water mixture onto parts of cheesecloth. Overlap some sections to create more of a shaped appearance. Cover with Spring Mint.
4) Repeat step 3. This time, use Blue Boy
5) Repeat step 3. This time, use Glow in the Dark. Let dry.
6) Create label on art program in computer. I used my Silhouette Studio software and some premade frames. Print twice, once on paper and once on vellum.
7) Cut around the vellum label.
8) Following package directions, spray the vellum label with Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive. Let dry 5 minutes.
9) Attach label to jar
10) When the ghost is dry, remove it from the plastic jar lid and skewer. Cut out the loop of metal. You can leave the basic shape metal, as the cheesecloth ghost never hardens.
11) Carefully use craft knife to create a hole in the lid.
12) String fishing line through ghost and up into hole on lid. Tie several times to secure.
13) Place some Fantasy Fiber in bottom of jar.
14) Replace lid.
15) Cover lid with Helmar Adhesive Runner. Cover this with crinkled cheesecloth.
16) Use glue mixture on top of lid. Cover with excess glitter from ghost.
17) Cut ghost from paper. Use Gemstone Glue to glitter with Glow in the Dark.
18) Make hole in ghost.
You are done. Here is a picture of both of the jars that I created. For instructions on the other, see my blog at http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com/. Hope to see you there. Sparkle On!