The Dream Team is ready to inspire you with some extra fun this week! Not only are we posting with the Flora and Fauna challenge, we are introducing you to our THREE NEWLY RELEASED DESIGNS...our Owl Buddy, the Open Sheep, and the art nouveau-inspired Heron, which you had a sneak peek at two weeks ago on the Dream It Up! blog. Three lucky commenters on the Dream Team's posts will receive one of these designs to be announced on the Dream It Up! blog next week. Tell us in your comment which technique YOU would use with your favorite of these new designs.
Here is what I created this week...
You may ask yourself, "What, no metal?". Yep....I wanted to do something different this time.
MATERIALS:Dreamweaver Stencil LX7002 Plaid
Dreamweaver Stencil LL3040 Open Sheep
Dreamweaver Stencil LS22 Congratulations
Dreamweaver Paste Spreader LM2010
Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste
Splendor Ink Pad in Circus
Color Solutions in Black Beauty
Hero Arts Gemstones
Black or Gray Acrylic Paint
1) Tape the stencil over the top of the light card stock.
2) Tap the stencil brush into the color you want from the Splendor pad to pick up some ink.
9) Place the lamb stencil over the top of the striped card stock and tape down well with removable tape. Make sure that nothing that you want to leave striped is exposed.
10) Use the LM 2010 to pull the paste across the stencil.
12) While the paste is still wet, pull apart the cotton balls and gently press the pieces into place.
13) Also, while the paste is still wet, place the gemstone "eyeballs" into place. Let the paste dry.
This is what the lamb looks like finished.
15) Assemble the card, using the 3D dots to raise up the word.
Here is another quick look.
Ready for more ideas? Check out our this week's team players: