Here in Michigan, the weather has been stormy and hot, although later this week it is going to cool down again. Typical for a Michigan spring..... The weather, however, has gotten me thinking about summer, so I thought I would share a little summer card with you.
I made it with metals. As my regular followers know, I am BIG into the metals. They are so much easier to use than they appear. Check it out with my tutorial on the goldfish.
A Small Piece of Suede
Manual Die Cut Machine
White Card Stock
1) Cut the metals to just larger than the stencils: blue for the scales and gold for the swirls and the summer stencil.
2) Run the metals through the die cut machine with the metals and the rubber mat. I have a Cuttlebug, so I used an A Plate, stencil, metal (face up), rubber mat and two B Plates. Leave the stencils under the metals.
3) Use the Teflon Tool (found in the Beginners Kit) to press in and "sharpen" the word summer.
3) Use a cotton swab to add a little Pumpkin Color Solutions over parts of the gold swirls and into the word summer. Let it dry (this should only take a minute or so).
4) Sand the blue scales and the gold/orange swirls and word summer with the stencils underneath. After you are done sanding, you can remove the stencils.
5) Run the gold/orange metal through the die cut machine with the goldfish stencil.
11) Trim around the outside of all the metal pieces with scissors.
12) Assemble the card.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have inspired some people to use metals. It is reall easy and great fun!
Be sure to check out all the other "A" Team members this week--and leave us a little love!