Thursday, December 20, 2012
A Frosty Fun and Simple Snowflake Box
Dreamweaver Stencil Snowflakes LJ819
Dreamweaver Stencil Gothic Snowflake LL 396
Mercart Metal in AC10 Navy Blue
Mercart Beginner Tool Kit
Mercart Embossing Backing Paste
Stamping Details Rubber Embossing Mat
Manual Die Cut Machine (I used the Cuttlebug)
Suede, approximately 4"x4"
Dark Blue Paint
Small Premade Wooden Box
Two Small Pieces of Mat Board sized to fit into cut out area
Adhesive (I used Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear)
1) Run two pieces of metal through the die cut machine with the Snowflake Background Stencil and the rubber embossing mat. The Cuttlebug sandwich is: A Plate, stencil face down, metal face down, rubber embossing mat, and two B Plates.
2) Repeat step one with the Gothic Snowflake Stencil.
3) Put metal from step 2 blue side down on top of suede and use ball tool from the beginner tool kit to "pouf out" the snowflake areas.
4) Flip metal over and place on a smooth, hard surface.
5) Use teflon tool from basic kit to define edges around the snowflake.
6) Squeeze embossing backing paste into the back of snowflake. Let dry.
7) Paint the box with dark blue, inside and out. Include the latch.
9) Hold metal up to sides of box to measure and cut out metal. Be sure to cut around latch.
10) Adhere metal to box.
11) Place small mat pieces into the open square on the top (if there is one).
12) Adhere snowflake to lid. Trim around edges.
13) Sand to reveal snowflakes and distress edges.
You are done! So, now it is time to consider entering our Frosty Fun Challenge. Take a look at what Lynell said:
Ahhh...December! Brrrr....!!! This month we are challenging you to design a wintery delight. It can be something other than paper, but again we will have two winners: "Best interpretation of the challenge" and "best usage of Dreamweaver products". This last month of the year we will award each of these winners a brand new stencil design we are releasing at CHA. (It's a secret until the very end of the month!)
So, if you have a minute, check out all the blogs and get inspired!