Thursday, October 4, 2012
A Festively Fall October!
Dreamweaver Stencils LL 3015 Raven Vane
Dreamweaver Stencils LG 616 Leaf Texture
Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste
Dreamweaver Paste Spreader LM 2010
Dreamweaver Metallic FX in Purple Satin
Distress Ink in Peeled Paint
Distress Ink in Spiced Marigold
Distress Ink in Mustard Seed
Distress Ink in Barn Door
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany
Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Three Dreamweaver Gold Handled Brushes
Inkssentials Blending Tool with Foam
Inkssetials Non Stick Craft Sheet
Cardstock in Ivory, Green, Black and Kraft
1) Tape the leaf texture background stencil onto the ivory cardstock and the craft sheet. You only need one piece of removable tape for this.
2) Use your gold handled brushes to stencil the color from the Distress Ink onto the cardstock. You will pick up color with the brush from the ink, tap a little off on the paper towel, and swirl it over the leaves. I love Distress Ink here because it blends well and comes out of the brushes easily. I suggest three brushes, because one should be used in the yellow, one in the reds and the last in the green.
3) After you get the leaves the way you like them, remove the stencil.
6) Place the raven vane on top of the background and tape with the removable tape all the way around.
7) Place the Matte Black Embossing Paste onto the spreader.
8) Put the spreader on top of the stencil and pull down, as if you are squeegeeing the stencil.
9) Carefully remove the stencil, using the last piece of tape as a hinge to lift the stencil.
10) Let dry.
11) Dip a finger into the Metallic FX and rub around the bird to create highlights.
12) Assemble card.
Okay, I am done, now it is your turn. Make something "Festively Fall", upload it and link it to the Dream It Up! blog OR you can email a photo to Lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com. Join in the fun for a chance to win your choice of stencil!