|A Glittering Little Mermaid Egg--Closed and Open|
Here is my Art Glitter Design Team Audition. I have been a guest designer for them before, and am really excited that they have decided to create a new design team. Those who know me well understand that I just can't stay away from the glitter. (Neither can my table, sofa or dog, apparently!!)
So, here is what I did, in as simple of terms as I can manage:
|This is what I started with|
3) Determine where your 3D objects will go on egg and trace them.
13) Use the previously mentioned "painting" technique to add glitter to the 3D characters: Ultrafine Opaque Hologram #336 Alien to the Sea Stars, Ultrafine Opaque Hologran #338 King's Cup to the Seahorses, Microfine Opaque #508 Silver Moon to the Dolphins, Vintage Glass Glitter # 912 Sunstone to the lobster and Vintage Glass Glitter #906 Carnelian to the crab.
15) Using Designer Dries Clear Fabric, water and a brush, cover the green ribbon with a light coat of glue.
16) Cover the ribbon with Ultrafine Transparent Green Briar. Let dry.
17) Using the Designer Dries Clear and the "painting" method, paint glue on the waves that you carved in small sections.
18) Cover glue in Ultrafine Transparent #270 Chesapeake.
19) Using Dries Clear and the fine tip, go over the wave sections to bring out areas that need refining.
20) Cover with Ultrafine Opaque #30 Royale.
21) Glue 3D objects into place with Dries Clear.