Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Something About Spring



There sure is something special about spring here in Michigan. The days have been getting sunnier, the sky is a beautiful Robin's Egg Blue, and the thermometer is edging up to 60 today. My crocus have been pushing their way through the debris of the winter garden and are facing their happy purple blooms to the sunshine. The bees are visiting now. Even the deer that roam our neighborhood are leaving their tracks everywhere, seemingly as restless as our dog, Emma. This year it all seems more poignant to me, as this is the first year since I lost my mother that I feel like I could once again be ready for the joy spring signifies. I am having an emotional renaissance that parallels the physical renaissance of spring.
I have no delusions that this weather will last: after all, it is Michigan, and it isn't even St. Patrick's Day yet. The meteorologists are predicting a "spring chill" for the weekend. Like most of us in the Midwest, though, I am enjoying this while it lasts--so I am posting a couple of pictures of Michigan in early spring, so you can hopefully enjoy it, too. Experience the renaissance.

No comments:

Post a Comment