Once again, I am taking part in the 31 Days of Halloween Event. I just love October! This event celebrates Halloween the entire month. Here is my cameo witch card. It is one of my favorites from this catalog. I find the cameo witch stencil a particularly brilliant design move by Stampendous.
I was able to achieve the granite look with a technique that I developed for this catalog. The embossing was actually quite easy, and the coloring with pencils can be as simple or complicated as you like. Here is how it was done:
Framed Witch Stencil FMS4036
Mixed Media White Paper
Versafine in Smokey Gray
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Boardwalk
Prismacolor Pencils in Black, Grass Green, Apple Green, Olive Green, Dark Green, Imperial Violet, Periwinkle, Steel, Cool Grey in 10%, 20%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 90%
My Colors Card Stock in Black Magic and Grapevine
Zip Dry Glue
Manual Die Cut Machine
Rubber Embossing Mat
1) The card base is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" folded on the side.
2) Tap the Versafine all over the back of the stencil.
3) Spray the back of the stencil with the Glimmer Mist.
4) While the stencil is still wet, place it face down on the bed of the die cut machine. Cover it with the mixed media paper, the embossing mat and the cutting mat.
5) Run the stencil through the die cut machine. Let dry.
6) Color the image with the Prismacolors. Enhance the embossing by creating extra highlights and shadows with the pencil colors.
7) Assemble the card with Zip Dry.
I hope you like this technique. It creates not only a granite look, but also a cool aged look with different colors.
Thanks for stopping by the blog. Stampendous is featuring a little more Halloween today at the STAMPENDOUS BLOG.