The folks at Stampendous are having a Seaside Summer Fun week, My post for today features a little undersea summer fun. I used part of the Waves and Dots Stencil to look like seaweed and bubbles.
Copic Markers in B97 Night Blue, Y13 Lemon Yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow, 100 Black, N7 Neutral Gray No. 7, W8 Warm Gray No. 8, N10 Neutral Gray No. 10
Chamelon Marker in BL6 Royal Blue
Spectrum Markers in DG2 and DG3
Scrapbook Adhesives White Foam Squares
My Colors Card Stock in Poolside, Tropical Splash and Grasshopper
May Arts Ribbon
Manual Die Cut Machine
1) Fold a piece of 6 3/8” by 9 ½ ” card stock so that the fold is on the side.
2) Use the manual die cut machine and the fitted frames to cut a large frame from the tropical splash card stock.
3) Tape the fish stencil face up on the cut out frame. Use one large piece across the top of the stencil initially. It will be a hinge later. Tape all the way around.
4) Remove the Pearlescent embossing paste from the container with the palette knife and place on the paste spreader.
5) Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil and pull down towards you, filling the holes and keeping contact with the stencil at all times.
6) Replace any extra paste into the container.
7) Remove the tape from the bottom and sides of the stencil.
8) Using the taped top as a hinge, carefully remove the stencil. Let the paste dry.
9) Repeat step 3 with the waves and dots stencil and the tropical splash card stock.
10) Remove the regular paste with the palette knife and instead of placing it on the paste spreader, paste the left side and the bottom of the stencil. You do not have to be particular about how the paste fills the holes, because it is supposed to represent the ever moving sea weed.
11) Repeat steps 7 and 8. Let all the paste dry.
12) Color with the alcohol ink markers directly onto the paste. You will see that the regular paste gives a matte finish and the pearlescent is a little shimmery. Let the color dry.
13) Select a few of the white colored dots to make as “bubbles”. Color them with the Versamark Pen and cover with the embossing powder.
14) Heat set the embossing powder.
15) Adhere the background to the folded card.