Welcome to the Stampendous and Graphic 45 Beneath the Sea Blog Hop! I just love Graphic 45 paper, don't you? Well, in addition to seeing how the design team used some of the Voyage Beneath the Sea Collection, you have a chance to win prizes on this hop.
My project was inspired by this beautiful collection. Here it is:
Embossing Powders: Sky Blue, Baby Blue, Chunky White, Kaleidoscope Transparent, OpaqueWhite, Carnelian
Paper Mache Box
Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics: Prussian Blue Hue, Titanium White
1) Paint the box with varying mixtures of the blue and white acrylics. The different colors of blue will make the box more interesting. Let it dry.
2) Cut four pieces of Double Sided Mounting Paper a little larger than the Small Scallop Stencil.
3) Use the Versamark Ink pad on the back of the Small Scallop Stencil. Place the stencil, ink side down, centered on a piece of the mounting paper and gently press it on.
4) Pour some Carnelian Embossing Powder over the project and press in with your fingers, being sure to cover the paper on the outside of the stencil as well.
5) Turn the project upside down on a flat surface and carefully remove the paper from the stencil.
6) Heat set the embossing powder using the heat gun.
7) Cover the remaining Mounting Paper with the Pearl Glitter.
8) Repeat steps 3-7 with the remaining three pieces of mounting paper.
9) Center the Wave Crest Stencil over the top of the box and tape down. You will likely need to tape from underneath the box lid onto the back side of the stencil to keep it adhered.
10) Remove the Embossing Paste from the jar with the Palette Knife, scooping it out so it sits under the knife.
11) Place the palette knife on the top of the stencil, and pull it down towards yourself, being sure to keep contact between the knife and the stencil at all times.
12) Carefully remove the Wave Crest Stencil, treating the last piece of tape as a hinge as you take it off. Let the paste dry.
13) Once the past is completely dry, “paint” the embossing powder on the image in phases. You will use the Versamarker in the areas that you want colored, cover them with the embossing powder, and emboss with your heat gun. You will repeat this process until you have colored the entire wave crest image.
14) Cut the border off of the Graphic 45 paper.
15) Glue the border around the bottom of the box and the side of the lid.
16) Remove the backing from the shell covered double sided mounting paper and place, like a sticker, around the box.
Here are the rest of the posts for today. Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to win!