The Stampendous theme this week is "A Child is Born". Of course, it is also Dreamweaver Thursday, so I included the use of a stencil. It is one I haven't used much before and I was really pleased with the results. Here is the card:
Large Peace on Earth Stencil DWLX7019
Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Enamel
Detail Black Embossing Powder
Starry Night Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink Pen
Double Sided Mounting Paper
Handmade Hawaiian Soap, or any other soft, vegetable based soap
May Arts Ribbon
Embossing Heat Gun
1) Soap the back of the stencil until the silvery color is covered with a foggy film. Brush off the excess soap crumbles with the stencil brush.
2) Remove the paper from one side of the Double Sided Mounting Paper and place the stencil on it, soap side down.
3) Cover the star with the crystal glitter.
4) Fill in the words, city and wise men with the Detail Gold Powder.
5) Fill in the center area with the Silver Embossing Powder.
6) Fill most of the dune areas with the Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. Press it in with your finger.
7) Fill in the empty spaces of the dunes with additional Detail Gold Powder.
8) Flip the project upside down and lay on a smooth, flat surface.
9) Carefully remove the paper from the stencil, leaving the stencil flat on the surface.
10) Use the heat fun to emboss all of the areas except for the star,
11) Pour Detail Black Embossing Powder around the filled areas and the words, surrounding the front of the camels as well and surrounding the city.
12) Pour the Starry Night Powder over the rest of the exposed mounting paper.
13) Heat emboss.
14) When the project is cool, use the Versamark Pen and various embossing powders to fill in any gaps. Heat emboss these.
15) Adhere the mounting paper onto the next layer of card stock.
16) Assemble, using a ribbon to add a bow.
That is it! Thanks for stopping by today, and be sure to check out all the rest of the players today: