Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Mosaic Moments AND 1,2,3 Get Scrappy Challenge Post!

Last week, my friend Candy suggested that I enter the Mosaic Moments January Challenge.  It was to make a mosaic project based on "The Snow Queen", by Hans Christen Anderson.  Honestly, I was at a real lack for ideas at first.  Then, as I looked through some old Disney photos, I discovered the pictures I took on the Journey Into Narnia attraction at Disney Hollywood Studios.  It was a walk through display of the various sets and props used in "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" movie.  The attraction also included a small performance by an actress portraying the White Witch.  If anyone was impacted by ice in her heart, it was this character--and so my page idea was born!

As I was assembling the page, I discovered a very interesting challenge site called 1, 2, 3 Get Scrappy!  They base their challenges on a tic tac toe board.  You chose which three items in a row you want to include in the challenge.  Pretty cool, huh?  Here is this month's challenge, #6. 

So, in total, here is what I used:

Bo Bunny Woodland Winter Collection paper and embellishments
My Silhouette Machine with a Narnia Font that I had collected somewhere
Ultrafine Art Glitter In Crystal, Sky and Royal Wink
A snow themed Scrappy Cat Clear Stamp
Hero Arts Pigment Ink
Micron Pen
Adhesive
Trimmer
Scissors
Want 2 Scrap rhinestones and clusters
Some small rhinestone snowflakes from Joann's (old stuff in my stash)
Red and Black Card Stock
Ranger Liquid Pearls in Copper (around the letters)
To support me with the Mosaic Moments Challenge, click HERE and leave a comment or a "like".
Check out the 1, 2, 3 Get Scrappy Challenge HERE.  I used the row that reads Snowflakes, Color Blue and Lots of Bling.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous 2 pager! Thanks for joining us @ 123 get Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special layout, love the use of all the photo's - thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Love all the photos you gathered into one layout! Great job! Awesome DPL! Glad that you found us! Hope to see you around here often! Thanks for joining us over at 123 GET Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete