In honor of CAS Love and Friendship month on the Dreamweaver Blogs, I am presenting a simple metal Thank You card.
Dreamweaver Stencil LJ 841 Fleur De Lis
Dreamweaver Stencil LS 1011 Merci
Navy Blue Coated Mercart Aluminum
Mercart Basic Tools
Mercart Fiberglass Tip Tool
Stamping Details Rubber Embossing Mat
Double Sided Mounting Paper (my adhesive of choice on this one, but you can use something else)
Manual Die Cut Machine (I used a Cuttlebug)
Blue Card Stock
3D Foam Squares
1) Use scissors to cut the metal to the size of the outside stencil edges.
2) Run metal through the machine with the stencils (one at a time) and the rubber embossing mat. This is the Cuttlebug sandwich: A Plate, stencil face down, metal blue side down, rubber embossing mat, two B Plates.
3) With the stencil still in place, place face down (you should see the silver side of the metal and not the stencil) and use the Mercart Teflon Tool to push the metal down a little further wherever the edges do not appear crisp.
4) With the stencil still in place, flip over. Use the fiberglass tool to remove all of the blue metal that you see through the openings. When you are finished, the metal of the stencil will appear a little scratched and buffed. It will not effect the performance of the stencil.
5) Use the mounting paper to attach the metal to the card stock.
6) Use the Big Bite to create holes in the smaller piece.
7) Use the foam squares to raise the smaller piece and attach into place.
8) Attach the ribbon.
That is it--a simple Thank You card. If you create a simple love or friendship card this month, send a photo to Lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com for your chance to win. If you really love stencils, check out our Design Team Call. Good luck!