Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reminisce Card Challenge



I had a little fun this week entering the Reminisce Card Challenge. The sketch is here
And my take, horizontal, and with the beautiful Harvest line by Reminisce is here:

For my Dreamweaver Stencils fans, you will notice that the Sentiment is LM 251. It was pasted with Matte Orange Embossing Paste. The other thing that I had tons of fun with was the turkey image. I cut three of them out of the paper. Then, I layered pieces with 3D Dots in between the layers. I occasionally added a little bit of regular adhesive to parts (like the head) and squeezed it down to the previous layer, so that I had a couple of different layers. I also used the top portions of the papers to make the smaller stripes. This is something that I really appreciate about the recent Reminisce papers--the part that holds the scan bars on one side has patterned bits on the other so that it is still useful paper.


I hope you enjoyed this cute, fast card. I will have lots more Dreamweaver goodies when I hop again on Thursday, but for now, think about cool crisp weather and changing leaves......


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the layered turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great reminder of that stencil. We were just saying how you can't find Thanksgiving sentiments. Great card Laura. Love the turkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique on the turkey embellishment! Love it and thanks for playing along with the Reminisce Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you have sure been busy!!! Great card for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in this card Laura. While you guys are thinking fall and Thanksgiving we are thinking about Spring and the coming Christmas season. I'm not a big fan of turkey per se but I am a fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete