Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dreamweaver (sort of) Monochromatic Challenge

This week's challenge is monochromatic. This card that I made for Lynell fits the theme (almost). The grayish wood looking paper is not technically part of the blue monochromatic scheme, but I think you will forgive me.
So, have you noticed the two new stencils? The skates are new and are simply pasted with white glossy paste. The background is also a new stencil, which I think Lynell is calling "hills". When I saw it, I knew right away that I would be using it this way. The openings are perfect for Zentangles. I did this Zentangling with the Ranger Inkssentials Opaque White gel pen.
The Winter stencil was pasted with glossy white paste as well. Both Winter and the skates were put on the card with 3D Dots. The brad was added to make the skates look as if they are hanging just inside the windowed door, waiting to be taken out on a glorious winter day.
This was a simple one, but so much fun to create. Thanks for stopping by today, to check out our challenge, the new stencils and a little bit of cool winter on this toasty summer day. I hope you enjoyed it all. Check out the other Dreamweaver Team Blogs, leave a little love, get inspired, and make a monochromatic (or sort of monochromatic) project yourself. Then, you should link it to the Dreamweaver Blog. We would love to see your projects, too.

6 comments:

  1. Hey...great Tangles girl!! Take care Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling skate stencil and I love the zentangle background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And my understanding is that monochromatic color schemes can have neutral colors with them....like white or black. So I think this definitely suits the scheme.Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I love this card and so glad to see it up close and personal and LOVED seeing you! BIG HUG

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that I got to see this card in person, Laura! Beautiful use of the new Hills stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the zentangling in the hills. Great job as usual Laura...wish I could have seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete