Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dream Scheme Sketch Week


This is the sketch challenge for this week. For once, I actually followed the sketch exactly. This is my very simple card. Unlike many other cards I have made, this one has already been used. I made it for my niece's Confirmation.


It was so, so simple. When I saw this sketch, I immediately thought of how the oval would be a great shape for this cross, being that the proportions would fit perfectly. The colors were dictated by the Confirmation paper that I found at Scrap Tales. Both pieces were part of the same collection. I probably would not have chosen these colors if it weren't for the paper, but once I found it, the color choices were obvious. (Just like when those design shows on TV say to pick an "inspiration piece".) Although I tried this with MetallicFX, the beautiful metallic colors just didn't fit. The only good choice was glossy white. So, there it is, a plain glossy white pasting.

The other nice thing about this sketch was that I was able to easily create a "money envelope" on the inside. All I had to do was cut a piece of cardstock that was slightly smaller than the orange outer rectangle, and adhere it on three sides. I also echoed the rectangle shape to create the spot for a sentiment. I used the decorative ribbon on the front as a closure device for the whole card to create a little more security.

Simple, simple, simple. Anyone could do it.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Laura, I'm sure your niece loved it. Great idea for the money envelope inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous my dear!! Your cards are amazing!! I finally got around to reading my April issue of Stamp & Scrap! Another fabulous card. No wonder it was published. I hope you are well. I hope we can talk soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I love your detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually crazy about crosses, but I do love the Celtic look of this one. Clean white is gorgeous for this! Wonderful card as always, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card! I haven't used this stencil in a while but after seeing your card, Laura, I'm going to paste it up. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your cross is perfect. Beautiful!! Really like your choice of papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, This is a beautiful confirmation card...your layering of the cardstock and papers inside is so intricate.
    Lynell (writing from my bros. comp.)

    ReplyDelete