Thursday, March 10, 2016

An Andy Skinner Blog Hop

Stampendous and Media March 2016 Blog Hop-01

This is an exciting week, as the Stampendous Team has been experimenting with  DecoArt. Mixed Media Artist and DecoArt International Education Coordinator Andy Skinner has designed some fantastic stamps for Stampendous, and we have been showing them off all week long.
Andy and his team of international mixed media artists including Julia Stratford-Wright, Mark Gould, Mel Hookham, and Jools Robertson has been joining with Stampendous and the DecoArt blog. Of course, there are prizes.....

Prizes

blog-prize-package
Each comment on a post this week will enter you to win a fabulous prize package! (one comment per post, per person).  The contest open to everyone!!
We have three packages and each has a Fluid Media Starter Kit, all three of Andy Skinner’s new Stampendous Stamp sets, and a Jumbo Acrylic Handle. Look at this great prize!
Here is my post for the day:
Materials: 
  1. Cling Toxic Rubber Stamp Set
  2. Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics in Carbon Black, Payne's Gray, Titanium White, Primary Yellow, Primary Cyan, Interference and Metallic Silver
  3. Mixed Media White Paper
  4. Deco Art White Modeling Paste
  5. Deco Art Metallic Lustre Gold Rush
  6. Mosaic Swirls Stencil DWLJ901
  7. Dragonfly Stencil DWLM193
  8. Gears Stencil DWLJ911
  9. Dreamweaver Palette Knife
  10. Stencil Brush
  11. Stazon in Cloudy Sky and Emerald City
  12. Removable Tape
  13. Paint Brush
  14. Raffia
  15. Zip Dry
  16. Black Card Stock
  17. Small Gems

Directions:
  1. Cut the paper to size and paint it, using gray, black and white.  Create splotchy parts by loading up the brush with various colors instead of mixing them first.  Let dry.
  2. Use stamps and Stazon ink to create texture in the background.
  3. Use the Mosaic Swirls Stencil, white and the stencil brush to create the "aged tile" look in random places around the image.
  4. Tape down the Dragonfly Stencil with removable tape.  Use the palette knife to spread the Modeling Paste over the stencil.  Remove it and let the paste dry.
  5. Repeat step 4 with the Gears Stencil.
  6. Paint over the tops of the modeling paste and let dry.
  7. Gently rub in Metallic Lustre over the top of the painted modeling paste.
  8. Add the gems and raffia.
  9. Assemble the card.

Actually, I have two.  The "twin dragonflies".  Really, I couldn't decide which I liked the best.
The differences in this one lie entirely in the color choice of the Metallic Lustre (this time, I used Copper Kettle) and the addition of the green raffia.  Other than that, they are the same.
Now that you have seen my post, make a quick comment, and then head over for more inspiration and additional chances to enter prize drawings at the following places:

52 comments:

  1. Such a fun piece, love the dragonflies! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the raffia and the jewels you added to the dragonfly. Nice colors on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous! I love the dragonfly...along with butterflies I just love these...they are so very pretty! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful composition! I love all of the colors & textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool, Laura! Wonderful layering in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are just lovely in every way Laura but my fav is the second one with the copper Metallic Lustre and the green raffia just gives it the perfect pop. SUPER inspirations and WONDERFUL use of the stamp sets! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both awesome! I love that dragonfly! Your background looks amazing on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dragonflies and the different designs on both1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture and crackle!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this?!?! LOVE these dragonfly creations!! My favorite is the second one! Great crackle and texture!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card. I love the background and the stencils you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dragonfly and the colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY gosh! These cards are stunning! I can't decide which one is my favorite. Love the weathered look, Mosaic Swirl and gears - it is ALL so great together. Thank you for sharing your creativity today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards; great combination of colours, materials, ... I think I would go for the second one.
    Thank you for sharing your creativity !

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful, I am a beginner in mixed media but love watching your videos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply gorgeous! I love dragonflies. Hubby does Bonsai so we have a lot of plants out back and we get quite a few of them to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love dragonflies!The background is perfect! Thanks for sharing this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome looking
    creation!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects. I love the gears and the colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are so pretty! I love the colors on the dragonflies and the cogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your projects! The colourscheme is so nice! Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a delightful textured project.I love the dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't think there is a "best" - they should hang together.
    Love the crackle background.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love dragonflys - and great crackle background.
    /Tina M.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That dragonfly is perfect with the gear "flowers"! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous and I love dragonflies! This is so fun and really made me smile. Thanks so much and have a happy day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Laura,
    A stunning canvas! I love the dragonfly and you have matched him beautifully with the textures and stamps!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful creations! I don't know which I prefer as they are both gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

    Angela aka Lady B

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think both must be kept and put sife by side... They are gorgeous! I love your dragonflies!!! Thank you for the blog hop, and for sharing the steps. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous duo ! Really like how you have brought in the rafia - gives a lovely 'organic' touch to compliment the element of nature x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is very beautiful. I love dragonflies. 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the raised sandy texture over the cracked paint texture. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That crackle background seems to be perfect for almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the dragonflies! That crackle background is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you !! Thankyou !!! Love Dragonflies, love both cards, but I lean more towards the second card. This crackle stamp is going to be a must have I think, just love it....

    ReplyDelete
  36. your dragon fly is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. They're both gorgeous! Love those backgrounds so much too! I must get myself the crackle stamp as well as some other new Stampendous stamps and mixed media supplies. Thanks for the great art, inspirations and wonderful blog hop too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful art work,love the background !!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are both gorgeous! I love the crackle background and those dragonflies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards, and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Incredible techniques. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well.......I like them both! Both colors look super. Cool piece, wonderful texture and background.

    ReplyDelete