Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lynell and me at CHA

Well, CHA was very interesting. (I got a little hung up on that Teresa Collins Stampmaker.) I was even more excited, of course, that some of MY work was hanging in the Dreamweaver Stencils Booth! You can see my summer card (previously posted) behind Lynell and me in the picture, but several other pieces were there as well. I was so excited that I am afraid I made a total geek of myself. Fellow Dream-teamer Louise was running a Make-N-Take using one of Lynell's latest Christmas stamps and an absolutely gorgeous technique of painting with pigment ink on transparent Art Institute Glitter. Unbelievable!

Also, I had completely forgotten that I had not yet posted the two CHA stencilled cards yet. Here I was, thrilled to get the fantastic new Christmas stencils, and I hadn't shared the Peacock or the Black Eyed Susan (I call it a Daisy) cards--so here they are.

The daisy was stencilled with the original paste, which I was thrilled to find takes about any additional techniques with no problems at all. I used a Versamark pen over the vines and heat embossed them with American Crafts Zing! in metallic green. Then, I flocked the centers in gold and added Art Institute Opaque glitter in Martini to some of the petals, using Zig glue. I pasted the word summer in glossy white, echo cut around it and popped it up. The papers are by Bo Bunny.

The peacock, quite honestly, was alot of work. The bird was pasted several times with glossy blue paste on white cardstock. Then, it was mounted on chipboard, cut out and layered. The edges of the board were distressed with ink, and the layers were assembled. Then, I used Zig glue to select areas to add the Navajo Sky Mica Powders and to add Goldfinch Mica Powder to the beak and opaque black Art Institute Glitter to the eye. The gems were from Little Yellow Bicycle Lucky Me collection. With the peacock done, I moved to the background. It was pasted with the original paste on a white background. While the paste was still wet, I used the peacock to flatten the area I would glue it to, and added Art Institute Glitter in Polar Bear to the vines. I then used the dream stencil with blue paste and Art Institute Glitter in a color that I have since forgotten the name of. Finally, I assembled all of it. It took a very long time, but I was extremely pleased with it.

Well, I am off to work on some projects for Scrap Academy at the store, my fall Dreamweaver classes and, of course, my Dreamweaver sample with the beautiful new Christmas stencils.


  1. Laura, It was so nice meeting you at CHA, all the cards looked great and it was definately fun to see them displayed for all the world to see! (well at least everyone at CHA). Beautiful cards.

  2. Hey, Laura! There we are together at CHA, brings warmth to my heart. Let's do it again. Thank you for all your beautiful design work. We have a great inaugural Dream Team. Lynell

  3. Very pretty cards thanks for sharing!!!

  4. Your peacock is STUNNING Ms Laura!!!

  5. It was well worth the work, beautiful! Thanks for the mention, you can find a link on our FaceBook Fan Club