My new team, Stampendous, is having a patriotic theme this week. Of course, where else would my thoughts turn, but to the Dreamweaver Flag Stencil LL359 ? The biggest challenge was to find a new way to use it.
Here is what I did: I pasted LL 359, using Glossy White Embossing Paste on white card stock. Because it was a narrow stencil, I was able to use the regular palette knife. Once the paste was dry, I replaced the stencil and daubed on Versamark using a small finger dauber. I poured on some Stamp N Bond and heated it. While it was still warm, I pressed some foil into it. I actually used some foil from an Easter Egg decorating kit on this, but I am sure that any of the heat and pressure activated foil out there right now would work. WARNING: You do need to work in small batches on this, or the glue will not remain hot enough to adhere the foil when it is pressed down. Despite my best efforts, the foil still looked reticulated and patchy. I was thinking afterward that it may have been a better choice to use a stencil brush to add the Versamark. That way, it may have created a smoother surface for the foil. I did not give up , however, and added a second coat to the empty parts. Then, because it still wasn't covered in foil, I used my Chameleon markers to fill in any remaining white sections. I then used Regular Embossing Paste to paste on the stars. The surface was bumpy, so the stars did not turn out perfect. I decided to be okay with that.
For the background, I used the Dreamweaver Fireworks Embossing Folder FJ886 on some navy color core paper. I then lightly sanded the paper. I placed the coordinating Fireworks Stencil LJ886 over the top and used the small dauber to add Versamark to the embossed areas. I then covered the ink with Gold Tinsel and Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder. Of course, when I was done, I heated up the embossing powder.
|Take a close look at all the shine!|
The oval was cut with a nested die and the Cuttlebug Machine. I stamped the Thank You from the Happy Greetings Perfectly Clear Stamp Set with Majestic Blue Versacolor. I used Versamark on the edges with Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder. I punched a couple of holes in it.
Finally, I cut around the flag, added some May Arts ribbons, foam tape, and card stock and I was finished!
Now, there are a few more ladies playing with us today, so check them out:
Thanks for stopping by today. I do love comments, so please leave one if you have a minute.