Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Dreamweaver Project

Well, I finally finished my first Dreamweaver Project. It took me quite awhile. At first, I was so nervous that I wouldn't be good enough to keep up with the talented pack of design team members. I froze for a little while. Then, once I decided to just be me, the ideas started coming fast and furiously. I had SUCH a blast this past week! We were supposed to turn in at least three cards, and I finished five, but was still working on three more when I got a grip on myself and just mailed what I had. (Of course, I will finish those other three at a later date.)

Enough about me, though. This blog is about the work. I can't show anyone the two cards that I made with the BRAND NEW stencils that will be released at CHA until August--so I will just start with one. In honor of summer, I will post the summer themed card. Here it is:

The background is a Dreamweaver stencil on TPC Studios paper that I pasted with the Pearlescent paste and added Dreamweaver Metallic FX mica powders to. The paste is a beautiful shimmery white color. The powders are Navaho Blue, which is a bright, pure blue, and Goldfinch, which I think is my favorite. It makes an intense gold color that looks almost like leafing, but is shimmering across the whole area.

Next, I pasted the Summer stencil with the Glossy White paste on that coordinating TPC Studios paper. I mounted it with a thin white cardstock border and the whole thing on a piece of chipboard.

The dangles may look like regular charms, but I made them with shrink plastic, Dreamweaver Stencils of a scallop, seahorse, and starfish, Distress Inks and Prismacolor Pencils. The trick is to get the matte white shrink plastic and sand it before putting the stencils on. When you have finished coloring the stencil designs, cut them out and punch them to create the hole. Then, you just pop them in the oven.

I stitched around the mounted square with raffia and also used it to attach the charms I made. The whole thing was put on the background with EKSuccess foam squares.

I was pretty proud of this card, and really glad that I made myself a copy of each with the "seconds" that I pasted and cooked!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Exciting Dreamweaver News

More exciting Dreamweaver stuff. They have set up a group for the design team members to contact each other. Therefore, I have added my team mates' blog links to the Blogs that I Like portion--check them out!

Also, I had a call from a Scrap Tales owner and found out that Lynell herself will be coming to teach a class at the store. I am very excited to meet her again and see what she is up to now. Also, I am randomly does that impact my summer Dreamweaver stencil card class? Should I still plan to teach one? hmmmmmm

Dreamweaver Design Team Submission

Here is the another Dreamweaver Design Team submission. I had SO much fun with this one! The fish are done with a Dreamweaver Stencil that I ran with metal through my Revolution. I used the Spellbinders tan mat, and the whole experience was too easy! I used the front and the back of the stencil so that I would have each of the two fish swimming in two different directions. I then stained them with Ranger Alcohol inks and used Glue Dots and stitching to hold them on to the page.
The words were done with the Dreamweaver pond stencil. I cut the letters with Quickutz Diesel alphabet from Bo Bunny paper and stenciled the flowers and lily pads with ink. Then, I pasted the whole thing with Dreamweaver Translucent Paste.
Finally, the random lily pads and dragonflies were done with a Dreamweaver stencil on Intertape. I once again flipped the stencil upside and downside to get the designs to move two different ways. I filled the designs with embossing powder, embossed it, and then filled in the spaces in between with glitter.
All the paper is from Bo Bunny.
I really loved working on this page and the results that I got. When I get it back, I will probably put it in Scrap Tales for a little while in case any of my local friends want to check it out.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dreamweaver Design Team!

I am so excited! I found out today, that I have a place on the brand new Dreamweaver Design Team for 2010-2011! Anyone who goes to Scrap Tales, knows that I absolutely LOVE these stencils. I think the designs are so strong and versatile, and now I get to prove it! I don't think that they would mind if I post a couple of pictures of my entries. (Although I do have to warn everyone that I was in a hurry, so the picture did not turn out as well as I like.) I'll post another entry in a few days.

The first is a mirror that was from IKEA and done in many different techniques. I used stencils to paint the clouds, trees, and water. I used the green paste on the foreground trees. Then, I stenciled the geese with the original paste and painted over it with inks once it was dry. The Bear and the moose were pasted with the Glossy Black and flocked. The mooses horns were pasted over with crackle and painted. The bear got American Crafts Opaque embossing powder pasted on the snout and ears and heated. Finally, the rock was pasted with glossy black and then the crackle with just the spatula.