Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Dreamweaver Project

Well, I finally finished my first Dreamweaver Project. It took me quite awhile. At first, I was so nervous that I wouldn't be good enough to keep up with the talented pack of design team members. I froze for a little while. Then, once I decided to just be me, the ideas started coming fast and furiously. I had SUCH a blast this past week! We were supposed to turn in at least three cards, and I finished five, but was still working on three more when I got a grip on myself and just mailed what I had. (Of course, I will finish those other three at a later date.)

Enough about me, though. This blog is about the work. I can't show anyone the two cards that I made with the BRAND NEW stencils that will be released at CHA until August--so I will just start with one. In honor of summer, I will post the summer themed card. Here it is:


The background is a Dreamweaver stencil on TPC Studios paper that I pasted with the Pearlescent paste and added Dreamweaver Metallic FX mica powders to. The paste is a beautiful shimmery white color. The powders are Navaho Blue, which is a bright, pure blue, and Goldfinch, which I think is my favorite. It makes an intense gold color that looks almost like leafing, but is shimmering across the whole area.

Next, I pasted the Summer stencil with the Glossy White paste on that coordinating TPC Studios paper. I mounted it with a thin white cardstock border and the whole thing on a piece of chipboard.

The dangles may look like regular charms, but I made them with shrink plastic, Dreamweaver Stencils of a scallop, seahorse, and starfish, Distress Inks and Prismacolor Pencils. The trick is to get the matte white shrink plastic and sand it before putting the stencils on. When you have finished coloring the stencil designs, cut them out and punch them to create the hole. Then, you just pop them in the oven.

I stitched around the mounted square with raffia and also used it to attach the charms I made. The whole thing was put on the background with EKSuccess foam squares.

I was pretty proud of this card, and really glad that I made myself a copy of each with the "seconds" that I pasted and cooked!

2 comments:

  1. This is FANtastic Laura! How exciting!! I can't wait till we can see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being the first card posted on the Dreamweaver Blog!! Your card is a beuaty!!!

    ReplyDelete