Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Dream Schemes--Pink and Brown


This week's Dream Scheme is Pink and Brown/Kraft/ or Cream. In this post, I used the Double Glitter Technique. When you use this technique, with the double sided adhesive paper, don't forget to soap up the back of the stencil first, to prevent it sticking too much and bending. On both images, I used brown Art Institute Glitter on the main image and a pearlescent white Art Institute glitter on the background. The sentiment actually started as a longer set--Be My Valentine, but I maked out the extra words with removable Scotch Tape before I adhered the stencil to the paper.
Then, I squeezed pink Liquid Pearl into all of the hearts. It actually dried pretty quickly, considering that it was on top of a layer of glitter. I liked the contrast of the little pearl look with the sparkly glitter.
When everything was dry, I assembled the card using Bo Bunny Paper and Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss.
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Laura! The Tolle Heart stencil has become one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe those little pink hearts Laura. How lovely! (pun intended hehe) And those background papers are so complementary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that double-glitter technique! Great addition with the Liquid Pearls. Beautiful card, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card Laura! Liquid Pearls are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the background paper coordinates so beautifully with the stencil...lovely card Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!!! Love the tiny hearts in the toile heart!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combo. Your background paper was a great choice. Love that heart, looks like several of us do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry i am so late in telling you how pretty the card is. Been super spacey...great job!

    ReplyDelete