Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Card Class

I am very pleased to show everyone the cards I am making with my students this Thursday, October 21st.




This first one is super simple, but lots of fun. Last year's Eerie collection from Basic Grey really does all the work. Just add a little distressing, a little cutting, an Inkadinkadoo stamp, some Twinkling H2Os, and some Karen Foster Scrappers' Twine and you are all done!



This one took a little stamping and cutting, but the real work was done with Co'oredinations cardstock, a Tim Holtz mask and some alcohol inks. The stamps are Tim Holtz and My Mind's Eye. I also really enjoyed using that Karen Foster twine with a few beads.


This next one is also really easy. It involves My Mind's Eye paper and stamps, Basic Grey paper, Distress Inks, Dew Drops, and a craft knife.


This last one was made with some of my new favorite products, Luminarte and epoxy papers, both from Creative Imaginations. The paper is from the Wicked collection, and is originally a black epoxy pattern on an off white background. I stamped the bottom images with Inkadinkadoo stamps on black tags and embossed them with clear powder. Then, I used the Luminarte daubers over the top of all the black to make it really juicy. I threw a little Kosher salt on the bottom images to create a mottled effect. I then used a damp cloth over the epoxy papers and the emobssing to wipe off the excess. Finally, I sprayed Radiant Rain (also a Luminarte/Creative Imaginations product) in white/lilac over the top. I painted the ghost with Twinkling H2Os in Heavenly White and added yellow Stickles to details. The Happy Halloween is a Tim Holtz stamp that was embossed on vellum. I punched squares of the images and out of vellum. I adhered it all and added the ribbon. I think you can tell how beautifully shimmery this stuff is, and it is even shinier in person. Just so much fun!
If you are interested in having fun with this class, call Scrap Tales to sign up.






No comments:

Post a Comment