Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dreamweaver St. Pat's and Green Challenge

Welcome back! I know that last week I promised you something really different this week, but I hope you will forgive me for posting another class. I had completely forgotten that I needed to post this today. My class is this Saturday morning at My Craft Room in Troy, Michigan. The top image fulfills the "green" option of the challenge. I created it with green coated aluminum. I actually simplified this double embossed project just a little by running the aluminum through my Cuttlebug with the Details Embossing Mat and the Long Thistle Stencil LL 3001. I then used my Mercart Metal Embossing Tools to enhance the embossing from the back. I refined it on the other side with the "deer foot" tool, used the Mercart Filling Paste and waited for it to dry. I then laid the whole thing face up on the Herringbone Stencil LJ 914 and rubbed it with a drawing stump. It caused the pattern to show through. I then sanded it a little. I sanded the purple thistle portion a lot. Then, I dripped a little purple alcohol ink on the flower top.
This second card was made with two different stencils, though you can only see one in this photograph. The background has been embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Houndstooth Stencil LJ 913. Then, I used the Cuttlebug again to emboss the Celtic Hexagon LL 381 with black coated aluminum. I lightly sanded it to reveal the knot.
The last card in this class was made with two stencils as well. The background was created using the Plaid Stencil LX7002. I placed it on white cardstock and used a blending tool to cover it with ink. I then removed the stencil and laid it down again at a 90 degree angle from the first layer. I used a different color of ink the second time. I then moved it a little further off and used a third color. Then, I used the brand new LG 742 Pointed Celtic Knot with green metal. This time, I debossed it, which means that I laid it on the table and placed the metal over the top, green side up. I then used the plastic Mercart tool to push the netal into the stencil. After the green metal was pressed firmly into the stencil, I sanded over it, with the stencil still attached. Then, it was a simple matter of assembly.
Don't forget that you have 2 weeks to enter this month's challenge: St. Patrick's Day or Green. Create something, post it somewhere online, and link it to the Dreamweaver Stencils Blog. You could win!!! For inspiration, visit the blogs of the other team members listed on the sidebar. Take a good look and get inspired!! See you next week

6 comments:

  1. All of the embossed metal images are so fabulous!!!! I hope you're well Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEy roomie, you did a great job, but three cards LOL. Or is that just all that pent up frustration from being with all those wonderful children on Valentine's day? anyway as usual your cards are beautiful and your students will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REally gret job on all the cards. I love the Thistle sooo much! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this will be an awesome class! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your metal work is beautiful, but I love the contrasting looks of the thistle on fabric and on metal. Just gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete