This week, with Memorial Day right around the corner, Stampendous is celebrating the mice of summer. I have featured one of the "summeriest" House Mouse stamps I have seen.
Here is how it was done:
Stazon Ink in Jet Black
Manual Die Cut Machine
Big Bite, or other strong hole punch
Prismacolor Pencils in French Gray 30% and 90% , Cool Gray 10%, 20%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 90%, White, Blush Pink, Deco Pink, Pink Rose, Spring Green, Lime Peel, Olive, Marine Green, Yellow Chartreuse, Dark Umber, Light Umber, Sepia, Burnt Ochre, Orange, Pumpkin Orange, Terra Cotta, Sand, Jasmine, Canary Yellow, Goldenrod, Light Aqua and Deco Aqua.
My Colors Card Stock in Tropical Splash, Poolside and Spearmint
Corregated Kraft Card Stock
Raffia in Green and Natural
1) Fold a piece of 12” by 6 ” card stock so that the fold is on the top.
2) Stamp the Shell Search image onto the mixed media paper with the Momento Ink.
3) Color the image with the pencils.
4) Stamp the Sentiment with Versamark Ink and cover with the embossing powder.
5) Tap off the excess powder and heat emboss with tool.
6) Sand one side of the shrink plastic.
7) Stamp the other side of the shrink plastic with the shell image and the Stazon Ink.
8) Use the manual die cut machine and the fitted frames die to cut a pretty frame around the sentiment.
9) Use the die cut machine and the shell die to cut around the stamped shell image.
10) Color the back of the shell image with colored pencils. Be sure to color with the white to make the shell opaque.
11) Use the hole punch to create a large hole in the plastic shell.
12) Use the heat embossing tool to shrink the shell. Be sure to do this on a non-stick heat proof surface.
13) Adhere the image to a poolside mat and then to the corregated board.
14) Adhere the board to the background.
15) Push the raffia through the hole in the shell.
16) Tie raffia ribbon in place.
17) Attach the sentiment to the tropical splash card stock.
18) Attach the sentiment with the foam squares to raise it above the background.
Now, I had a bit of a departure this week--notice the lack of stencils. Since Stampendous is doing primarily stencils on Thursday, my post will be linked to their site on Friday. Therefore, I am posting links to BOTH Thursday and Friday here. Thanks for stopping by