I must appear to REALLY love Easter with all the eggs I have been posting lately. I don't know what it is, exactly, but here is another. This time it is for the Dreamweaver Clean and Simple Challenge. Which you can still enter. Just put together a clean and simple project. Then, put it somewhere online and link it to the Dream It Up! Blog. You could win some beautiful stencils.
Anyway, here is how I accomplished this simple egg card:
1) Run the Plaid Stencil LX 7002 through the manual die cutting machine (I used my Cuttlebug) with white cardstock sprayed lightly with rubbing alcohol.
2) Run the Damask Stencil LJ 907 through the machine with aluminum. (I used the back of one of the color coated aluminums).
3) Place the aluminum face up on your craft sheet and "drip" drops of alcohol ink on the metal. Keep some of the colors a little seperate, but occasionally put them close enough to overlap. You can also encourage the blending of the colors with a small paintbrush. Let dry.
4) Place Egg Stencil LG 670 over the aluminum. When you have it positioned to your liking, use a small piece of removable tape to tape it to the stencil.
5) Flip the stencil and metal over. Use a stylus to run around the edge of the stencil and make an indent. Remove metal from stencil.
6) Trim around the embossed egg with a pair of scissors.
7) Lightly sand to reveal the damask pattern and mount.
That's it. Simple, right?
Check out the other team member projects and get inspired! Then, make and enter your own clean and simple card for the chance to win great prizes! What is the challenge for next week? Come back and check it out. I will see you then.